Saturday, May 16, 2009

more of god....


i just want to experience god. experience him on a deeper, more real, more honest, more tangible level every single day. i want to see him in a way that no one else has. i want to feel him, in a way that i remember so vividly being touched by him. i want to walk with him next to me, i want to come to a place in my faith where i hear him speaking to me, in a clear voice. i want my relationship with god to be one of intense, passionate intimacy unlike that which the world has ever seen. i want to be so consumed with him that he's a part of everyone of my waking moments. i want him to never be far from my thought, i want to be in a constant communication with the great, perfect, beautiful one that created me. I want him to fulfill me. i want to never again feel abandoned because he is always there, and i not only know that, but its so clear to me that feelings of abandonment can't find there way into my heart and soul. thats it. . . i want my soul to be intertwined with his. i want to sit with him. . . and talk with him. . . i want to bring him into every corner of my heart and let him cleanse me and make a home for himself. i love him, but i want more. i need more than just the love i have right now. i need to be so overwhelmed with love for him that i will stop at nothing to be apart of his existence. god is so good to me. . . he's so on top of my needs. he's go great, i just want more. more of his unconditional affection. . .
i want to go on a journey with jesus christ that is so profound not only am i forever changed and altered, but that change is so dramatic and profound that every person i encounter can't help but experience a piece of my transformation. I want to be so impacted by God that anyone who just looks at me instantly sees that my humaness has been replaced by something not of this world. something so foreign to them that they are forced to stop and wonder what it is. . .i want my eyes to mirrors Jesus'

4 comments:

  1. I love how you go from "I want" statements to "I need" statements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, careful youngster! You may have all you asked, and can't be able to handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I don't know who you are, but I am a really good friend of Blake Williams from college. He suggested I read your blogs because we have similar writings styles and topics.

    I like this blog.

    But what if you are God? What if the God inside of you, an ever-present and all-powerful force embodied every need and want listed in this blog inherently? Know yourself, and you will know God. Love yourself, and you will experience a love for others so deeply that only the God within you knows what you're talking about. Knowing the "I Am" inside of you is all that you truly need.

    Keep up the excellent writing.

    - Alicia

    ReplyDelete